Here at the Academy we’ve been shaking things up a bit, starting with our Job Descriptions. What if the team member in each position wrote the description outlining what they’re committed to accomplishing instead of the company handing out a sterile, boring list of tasks and skills required for the position?
Which job description turns you on more?
- Answer phones when prospective members call
- Create, proof, edit and post email copy
- Manage the blog schedule
- Manage the Facebook Fan Page posts
- Track results of all marketing campaigns.
Marketing Maniac, I mean, Manager:
- Never stop learning. Dedicate a set number of hours per month to continuing education in the marketing, social media, sales, and consulting industries. This may consist of webinars, audio books, podcasts, online courses. Complete at least one industry related book per month that will provide at least one actionable take away for the team
- Track like a hound dog. Maintain the Recruiting Department budget and expenses in cooperation with the Accounting Manager.
- Continue tracking like a hound dog. Keep track of all relevant statistics for every campaign the Recruiting Department puts together.
- Take time to evaluate the outcome of every campaign and effort put forth by the department. Be prepared to identify what worked, what didn’t, and what to change or try for next time.
- Be committed to trying something new. Don’t let the department get stuck in a rut doing the same thing repeatedly. Great things come from trying new things.
- Live and die by your Marketing Calendar. Calendars for the coming year should be drafted and set for the department at least 9 months in advance.
- Never let the phone ring more than 3 times. If the sales line rings, answer it in a timely and professional manner and be the go-to-woman for all prospective Members. Never let them think they are an interruption to your work. THEY ARE THE REASON FOR IT.
- Have passion for the root of what we do: Generating qualified leads. This will include (but is not limited to): social media advertising, direct mail advertising, public relations efforts, email marketing campaigns, online and offline marketing, referral marketing.
Giving ownership around what our rock stars want to accomplish here is having a great effect on our productivity and company morale. Each year during the employee review process, this description is part of what can be used to see if the person actually had the kind of impact they wanted to have. It serves as a great spring board for discussion around how the person can up the ante in the coming year and grow professionally as well as personally.
The only instruction given was to take your old tired Job Description and put some of your own COMMITMENT and PASSION FOR WHAT YOU DO into it.
We’re still in the process of getting it all pulled together but so far, it’s been amazing to see what everyone is bringing to the table! What kind of an impact could this make in your firm?
Chief Operating Officer
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555
Latest posts by Jennifer Price (see all)
- Hire Slow, Fire Fast is Only One of the Secrets to Building A Great Team - February 7, 2019
- Take a Peek into Our Boot Camp to Success - January 17, 2019
- Take a Peek into our Boot Camp to Success - July 9, 2018