Did you know that there are only three ways to expand your business? Here they are, in a nutshell:
- Acquire new clients
- Have your existing clients buy new services
- Increase the fees your clients pay
If you want your firm to grow, you need to be doing all three. And you should have a system in place for each of them, rather than engaging in a few random marketing activities here and there.
What kinds of systems am I talking about? Systems for:
- Acquiring referrals from centers of influence
- Acquiring referrals from existing clients
- Going directly to the marketplace to seek new clients
- Making efficient, intelligent use of the internet to find new clients
- Attracting new clients through image building public awareness and PR efforts
- Positioning clients for additional services they may need
- Positioning the value of your services for increased fees
The tool that will enable you to organize and implement these systems is what we call a Marketing Calendar. This is your law firm marketing blueprint for the year.
Consistent growth is not automatic, and marketing is not an innate skill for most attorneys. It’s something we need to learn about and keep learning about. As the heads of our firms, we need to be the ones leading the charge when it comes to marketing. A good place to start is by deciding which of the three areas you want to focus on, which systems you want to use, and getting started on that detailed Marketing Calendar.
Sanford M. Fisch
CEO & Co-Founder
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555
- Developing Relationships with Banks - December 29, 2022
- Why Detaching from Your Job After Working Hours Enhances Your Job Performance - December 22, 2022
- Moving In With Your Adult Children - September 29, 2022