Here Are Critical Questions to Ask and the Tell-Tale Signs (Part II)
- Can I look you up on a Financial Dunn & Bradstreet report or Hoovers? Are they financially stable to do business with? If they are not, they may tend to cut corners to make money. They might have to in order to survive. Not on your dime, right? You lose in that scenario and will wonder why your mailings are not working. Get their facts; look them up for some overall company information. You may be surprised.
- How many employees do you have? Not that size says it all but in the mailing business it is their overall human resources that really matters. Do you know how many folks it takes to get out a 7,000 piece mailing? Effectively? Trust me, not a few. Try it someday in your office. You’ll understand my point immediately. It takes many experienced and trained individuals to go through approximately 12 different and critical steps and procedures that are involved in every successful mailing promotion – to do it correctly with quality that is. Need proof? Visit a reputable and established direct mail marketing company and see it for yourself.
- Cheap is cheap. Pay less, you get less. The American way of business, “you get what you pay for.” This applies to marketing services also. But do you know what you are really paying for? Many professionals have no clue what happens with their mailings in these print shops or local letter shops. Many take advantage who have no clue about the printing and mailing business. Don’t be one of them. Be diligent.
- How much do you spend on research and development? What works today will not always work tomorrow. What are they currently testing to ensure your long-term success? Are they on top of the latest direct mail innovations to help you promote yourself and get you the best results with your mailings? It costs a lot of money to do that. A cheap shop will never spend the money. They use their business as an ATM machine instead. They do not invest in innovation or progress.
- Do you have a track record or factual data on what has worked in the past? Can they offer proven personalized letter samples, high response lead generation promotions, tested seminar locations, attention-getting mail designs and features that increase response? Ask if they have resources that will help you become a more effective and successful marketer. You do not have time or money to waste. I heard once that becoming a better marketer will enable you to become an exceptional producer. Can they help you accomplish that?
Jorge Villar is President of Response Mail Express (RME), with more than 26 years of direct marketing experience, he is known in several industries for his ability to create mail packages that garner the highest response rates. He is responsible for the Seminar Success program that, for the last 17 years has accounted for more than 65% of the events being held in the nation with over 14 million individuals making reservations. Mr. Villar has also been very successful marketing to physicians and business owners regarding Success Planning and Asset Protection. Response Mail Express, and parent company DME, is a $100+ million marketing powerhouse, housing over 600 employees in their 2 state-of-the-art facilities in Florida. Their marketing ideas are presently being utilized by over 10,000 clients, including: top producing advisors, estate planning attorneys, large financial organizations, health care organizations, universities and many other industries. Mr. Villar is a frequent key note speaker at national financial symposium and training conferences.
Academy Guest Blogger
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555
- Frequency, Content, Creativity, Your Value Proposition and You - June 25, 2020
- New Seminar Invitation Helps You Brand and Grow Your Business - June 11, 2018
- Does It Matter Why Your Prospects Came to See You? - March 5, 2018