Adding an image to a law firm news posting or page is fairly easy once you know how. You will simply go into Contineo and insert a special code and an image location link.
First, you will need to have a place online where you can store the image you will be linking into your firm news posting. There are many options on where you can store images online free:
- Even pictures from your Facebook fan page can be linked.
1. Go to Contineo (Website Control Panel) and select Manage Your Website
2. Select Firm News and select Add New Story (if you have not added an article yet)
3. Add the Title of the article and the short blurb that will appear on the Firm News library archive page
4. Add the text for the Story – the full news article
5. Next go online and “right click” the image you want to use, then click on “copy link location”(if in Firefox) or “copy shortcut”(if in internet explorer)
6. Next go back to Contineo and your Firm News Story box
7. Click “Source” in the tool bar of the Story box
8. Then enter the following code where you’d like your image to appear, at the end of the news story is best: <img src=”http://www.domain.com/image.jpg”>
- Make sure to replace the example domain above with the correct domain/link location of the image
- Sample link might look like this: <img src=http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=451764444015&set=t.100000470779141>
9. Select source again to toggle out of the page code and back to how the page would look on the web.
10. Click on the submit (or save) option and check your website to make sure it appears as wanted.
If you would like to make your image more SEO friendly, you can add something called an “Alt” tag. Google in particular, is using image “Alt” tags more and more, thus increasing or decreasing your Search Engine visibility.
The words used within an image’s “Alt” attribute should be its text equivalent and convey the same information or serve the same purpose that the image would.
For example if you were to include this image on a page, the html code used to add an “Alt” image tag would look like this:
<img src=”http://www.domain.com/ SEObirthdayCard.jpg” alt=”Birthday”>
If your image does not appear, make sure you did not alter the code for the image other than the url.
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
6050 Santo Rd., Ste. 240
San Diego, CA 92124
- Networking with Niches: It’s All About Who You Know and Who You Want to Know - June 17, 2016
- Location, Location, Location! Choosing the Best Location for Your New Office - February 19, 2016
- 11 Apps We’re Thankful For - November 20, 2015