Becoming an Academy Member only takes a few steps. As you are considering Academy Membership, this checklist will help keep you aware of where you are in the process of becoming the Academy’s newest Member!
- Contact Us. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (800) 846-1555 so we can send you a Membership kit with all the necessary information you need to review to determine if Academy Membership is right for you. This kit includes information about each of the Academy’s departments, the Academy Software, Marketing tools, Continuing Education Courses, Financial Services support available, and much more!
- Speak with an Academy Membership Consultant. First things first, we have to determine if your geographic area is available for Membership. Check out the Territory Map to get an idea of Membership availability in your area. While you are talking to an Academy representative, be sure to advise them of the goals you have for your personal and professional life. Collect the names of several Members who have already gone through a transition similar to yours. Members are always eager to share their experiences with those attorneys considering Membership.
- Call the Members Suggested. Speak with at least 2 or 3 Members about the steps you’re considering. Completing this step of your due diligence will make you familiar with one of the most valuable benefits of Academy Membership – the Members themselves. This group of attorneys will openly share concepts, successes, failures, and tips on the Member listserv as well as by phone. Our Members are the key ingredient to the high energy Academy Summit Events we hold twice each year!
- Fill out the Membership Application. Once you have covered all of your due diligence items necessary for making a transition in your practice, the acceptance process on our end begins. The Academy has an approval process that includes credit, State Bar, and professional reference checks (Check out our Membership Requirements page for more information). This process generally takes 3 days to a week, so it is best to begin as soon as you feel fairly certain about going forward with Membership.
- Designing an Academy Territory. Determining your geographic territory is a matter of discussing your existing business and goals even further. Once the territory is structured between you and your Membership Consultant, choosing your “start date” for your Membership is the only remaining task!
- Review, Sign and Return your Membership Agreement. We will create a Membership agreement specific to you and your firm. Be sure to review all parts of the agreement and return it in a timely manner.
- Unpack your Starter Kit. Once we have received your signed agreement and it is processed, your Starter Kit will be shipped UPS 3rd Day. A phone appointment will be set up so you can plan on unpacking this box with a Practice Building Consultant and discuss the use and timing of your implementation of each item.
- Click here to print out your Membership application!
- Fill out the entire application with the correct information and return it to us following the instructions at the end of the application.
BLUE: Open Territory, plenty of room for members
YELLOW: Academy member(s) are in this area but there is room for more
RED: Closed Territory, no membership openings
If you have any questions regarding territories and/or membership please call Member Services at (800) 846-1555
or email us.
*This territory map may not be accurate, please contact us directly to confirm availability.