The world of online marketing moves at a breakneck pace as new apps and social networks are launched and used to consume content and make connections. Despite all the new developments, video continues to be one of the most popular types of content, thus making video marketing more essential than ever for content creators.
For your firm to continue building online networks and connecting with current and potential clients in new ways, it makes sense for you to incorporate video marketing as part of your larger online marketing plan.
More than five billion videos are watched daily just on YouTube alone- and this number does not even factor in all the video content on Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat and other websites. It is a smart marketing choice to make sure your videos are among the content being consumed.
Why Use Video Marketing?
Video Marketing has lots of benefits, including some specific advantages that make it an especially effective tool for attorneys. Some of the reasons that you may wish to use video marketing include the following:
- You can demonstrate your communication skills to potential clients: Attorneys provide advice and advocacy to clients. Clients need to know you can do both of these things effectively. A video gives you the chance to showcase your strong communication skills so potential clients will feel more confident in connecting with you.
- You can make stronger connections: Video and sound allow you to make more of an emotional connection with a viewer, as compared with when someone just reads your words on a page. When potential clients see you as an authoritative yet compassionate presenter, they are more likely to feel comfortable with the idea of you as their lawyer.
- You can explain complicated concepts more easily and your viewers are more likely to retain the info. Your videos should be short and to the point. You can more clearly state your position in a clear and concise format when speaking directly to the viewer in a short clip than if you write a long article that gets more into the details. Plus, viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text.
These are just a few of many significant advantages associated with introducing video marketing into your overall content marketing strategy.
Using Video Marketing Effectively
Once you’ve made up your mind to use video marketing, it is important to find ways to create videos that will improve your brand, help you make connections, and actually capture the eyes of audiences so your videos are watched.
Try incorporating different types of video into your strategy, until you discover which type works best for your firm and does the best job of engaging your audience.
Examples of videos you might want to create include:
- Explainer videos – these videos can be live-action or animated. They’re goal is to solve a problem, so they could be as simple as filming an attorney answering some FAQs in short 1 minute clips.
- Storytelling videos – these videos are great for introducing your firm, its story and the people who work there to your clients and prospects. Such videos are excellent for building strong relationships and fostering a sense of consumer trust and loyalty.
- Video testimonials – client testimonials are powerful tools for building credibility for your law firm and videos which show client testimonials are especially effective. What could be better than seeing and hearing actual clients share how your law firm was successful with solving their problem?
Spielberg Need Not Apply
Depending on the resources you have available and the amount of time your team has to devote to video production, you may want to consider getting professional help from a content marketing company. They can produce videos for you with high production quality on the topics most likely to be of interest to potential clients.
However, professionally produced videos aren’t your only option. With today’s new technology, videos can easily be made in-house, following a few simple guidelines. It’s vital to ensure you have a solid script and a plan for clearly communicating your ideas before you begin filming. Ensuring good video and audio quality is a great place to start, but you should also consider adding subtitles, optimizing for search engines, and other ways to effectively use video as a marketing tool.
If you haven’t ventured into the land of video marketing yet, commit to giving it a try – it’s easier than you think!
Director, Web and Online Marketing Services
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (858) 453-2128
- 6 Content Marketing Myths Debunked - November 4, 2021
- Law Firm Marketing on LinkedIn - October 7, 2021
- Stop Googling Yourself and Start Accurately Measuring Your Online Marketing Success - September 2, 2021