Google My Business is a powerful tool made available by Google to allow your law firm to control what appears when people either search for your business or search for law firms like yours. Google continuously adds new features to Google My Business to give your firm new opportunities to share information with viewers— and there’s one recently created tool your firm should definitely use. It’s called Google Posts and it gives you the ability to post updates about your firm that appear directly in search results.
How Do Google Posts Work?
When someone googles your business, information about your law firm shows up on the side of the search results. Using Google My Business, you can control much of what shows up in this side box. The box includes your address, the hours you’re open, and the telephone number. And now, thanks to Google Posts, you can also include customized updates or information.
Your Google post could include text only, or text with images. It will not only be posted on the right side of the search results when someone searches your company, but will also show up in the Local Finder page if someone clicks on your business name.
Making a post is easy, as you can simply log into your Google business account and there will be a “Posts” option in the left sidebar.
Once you’ve selected this option from the menu, you’ll be directed to a new page where you can write the text for your post and upload an image if you wish to include one. Google intends for Posts to be used by companies to promote special events, share updated news, or share details about special offers. Law firms can also make use of the Posts section to accomplish lots of different goals including:
- Announcing updated business hours.
- Announcing new services you’ll be providing.
- Announcing classes, freebies, and special events or offers at your firm.
- Making a call to action and providing potential clients with a link to a contact form.
- Promoting local news like you would do on a social media page.
- Highlighting case results when your firm has a big win.
- Publicly recognizing employees at your firm who’ve had big achievements.
Google Posts can be updated regularly, so you can always keep the information displayed fresh and current. The good news is, Google also makes insights available for different posts so you can see both the number of times that each post was seen as well as the number of clicks on your post. By tracking the views and engagement, you can find out what types of posts work to encourage web browsers to click on your firm’s site and visit your webpage.
If you don’t yet have a Google My Business account set up or if you are not yet using Google posts to help encourage engagement with your firm, it’s time to get started. Reach out to SEO experts for help in making Google Posts work for you.
Director, Web and Online Marketing Services
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (858) 453-2128
- Maintaining Your Law Firm’s Google My Business Listing - April 1, 2021
- Social Media Cheat Sheet: Character Limits & Posting Parameters - March 11, 2021
- Facebook Ad Objectives: What Every Law Firm Should Know - February 4, 2021