Local SEO is an effective form of local online marketing that allows local businesses, such as your law firm, to promote their services to local clients. Over the last several years, local search engine optimization has become significantly more important.
There are now approximately seven billion unique local searches per month on Google in the United States alone.
Clients are no longer using the phone book when in search of local products and services. Instead, more and more are turning to computers, smartphones, and search engines. In fact, according to comScore, global leader in digital marketing intelligence, 82% of those local searchers follow up with an in-office visit or phone call. That means it’s vital for local search marketing to be part of every marketing plan.
Incorporating Local Search Marketing into your overall marketing plan doesn’t have to be difficult. Here are three strategies that you can implement today.
- Establish a listing in all major local search directories
- Google Local Business/Google Places
- Bing/MSN Local Listings
- Yahoo Local
- Customize your listing
- Include a local phone number and address. Be sure that all information is identical in every listing, including any abbreviations.
- Optimize your listing with targeted keywords and customized details.
- Add video, images, and promotional offers to enhance your listing.
- Implement a review and reputation management strategy
- Encourage clients to post online reviews on sites such as Google, Yelp, and Yahoo Local
- Do NOT post all reviews directly from your office, as your IP address will be recorded to prevent fraudulent posts
- Monitor online mentions of your firm by establishing a Google Alert
- Respond to any bad reviews with a brief explanation, without being defensive or argumentative. Showing potential clients how well problems are handled and that you care about your customer’s experience can be as valuable as a positive review.
Local search offers a tremendous opportunity to market to everyone actively looking for your services in your community. Are you reaching out to all of those potential clients?
Director, Web and Online Marketing Services
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555
- Maintaining Your Law Firm’s Google My Business Listing - April 1, 2021
- Social Media Cheat Sheet: Character Limits & Posting Parameters - March 11, 2021
- Facebook Ad Objectives: What Every Law Firm Should Know - February 4, 2021