The most persistent challenge seminar marketers face is converting attendees to appointments. However, there are some effective conversion techniques for advisors who are committed to building their book of business through seminar marketing.
As you come to the end of your presentation, your attendees are most likely waiting for a high-pressure sales pitch. This is when your conversion strategy takes shape. To alleviate their growing anxiety, consider adding a slide titled, “Let’s Get Together,” with the following questions:
- What will happen at our meeting?
- How long will the meeting last?
- Should I bring anything?
- Is this a sales presentation?
- Where will we meet?
- Then what?
While this slide is up, acknowledge that though they may be anxious about meeting you for an initial appointment, there will be no pressure for them to buy anything. Answer each question they ask based on your first appointment process and keep your answers simple and honest.
Then, click to the next slide, “Three Things That Can Happen After Our Meeting.” It should have the following:
- We agree to start working together to create a strategy that meets your needs, dreams and desires.
- We agree to work together but your schedule doesn’t allow time right now to start planning; so we set a date and time to meet soon.
- It’s clear we aren’t a match, start throwing things, and make a mad dash for the nearest exit. (Usually gets a good chuckle in the room)
This information will help reduce their anxiety and make it easier for them to say yes.
Jorge Villar is President of RME360, with more than 26 years of direct marketing experience, he is known in several industries for his ability to create mail packages that garner the highest response rates. He is responsible for the Seminar Success program that for the last 17 years has accounted for more than 65% of the events being held in the nation, with over 17 million individuals making reservations. Mr. Villar has also been very successful marketing to physicians and business owners regarding Succession Planning and Asset Protection. RME360’s marketing programs are presently being utilized by over 10,000 clients, including: top producing financial advisors, estate planning attorneys, large financial organizations, health care organizations, franchises, universities and many other industries. Mr. Villar is a frequent key note speaker at national financial symposium and marketing training conferences.
Academy Guest Blogger
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555
- New Seminar Invitation Helps You Brand and Grow Your Business - June 11, 2018
- Does It Matter Why Your Prospects Came to See You? - March 5, 2018
- The Powerful “What If” Factor in Marketing and How It Can Generate Sales - November 6, 2017