Using Facebook to make connections should be a part of every smart online marketing strategy. Posting engaging content that encourages sharing is just the start of making effective use of Facebook. Facebook now has a new tool, Audience Optimization, that allows you to better engage your audience and improve the relevancy of the content that you post.
Facebook Audience Optimization can be enabled easily on the settings page in Business Manager or on your profile page. You’ll have the option to turn it on by checking the box to allow preferred audience selection. Once turned on, each time you create a new post, you can click on the Audience Optimization Icon and configure the preferred audience by alerting Facebook to the interests you are targeting.
Facebook will automatically show those it believes you are targeting as you begin to type in specific interests. As you add interest tags, Facebook can connect people with topics and subtopics which are most likely to cause them to engage. While setting your preferred audience doesn’t limit who sees the post in their news feeds, setting interest tags prioritizes topics shown to each person so they first see the content most likely to be engaging.
You can also make use of two other features for Facebook audience optimization as well. You can tell Facebook not to show your particular post to some audience members by configuring audience restrictions and you can get audience insights after the post is published so you will get to see the estimated reach for each of the interests being chosen and get more insight into how subsets of people are responding for each interest tag.
Why Use Facebook Audience Optimization
Going through these extra steps to ensure that each post reaches followers and audience members with targeted interests (and it does not reach certain other followers) can be a major benefit to businesses. There are many reasons why using Facebook Audience Optimization can make sense for you. Some of the benefits of using this feature include the following:
- You can benefit from Facebook’s complex algorithms. Facebook has set up algorithms which take hundreds of different factors under consideration when deciding which users will be most engaged with which types of Facebook content. When you use Audience Optimization, you benefit from Facebook’s algorithms to help you determine who is most likely to be engaged with your content.
- You can avoid showing posts to certain readers who may have a negative reaction. Sometimes, content targeted towards a particular audience could be a turnoff to other groups of followers. By restricting the audience that gets to see your post, you ensure that people don’t see posts that would make them think less favorably of you.
- You get more insight into your audience. As you find out how followers engage with specific interests, you’ll learn which content is most engaging and most popular and you will be able to post more of this type of content.
Get started today with Facebook Audience Optimization – the process is simple and you should begin to benefit from more engagement immediately.
Director, Web and SEO Services
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555
Latest posts by Rita Chaires (see all)
- Google My Business (GMB) Posts & Your Law Firm - June 6, 2019
- Top Ten Tips for Stellar Email Marketing Campaigns - May 9, 2019
- The Online Marketing Metrics That Matter Most - April 11, 2019