Has this ever happened to you during your seminars? You come to the end of your presentation and you say, “Does anyone have any questions?” and no one raises their hand? There’s that awkward silence and everyone is looking around to see who will go first? That’s NOT the way to end your presentation and it’s an even worse way to bring up the topic of a first appointment!
Here’s how to avoid that from happening again. At the end of your presentation say this, “Before I take any questions, here’s a list of the top 10 most frequently asked questions by folks who attend my events.” These are the critical questions that individuals in your audience might be thinking about, but may be afraid or shy to ask in that public seminar scenario. As a result, clarifying these concerns or doubts in advance will help you increase your appointment ratio.
- How much in assets and savings do I have to have to work with you?
- What happens at the first appointment when we meet with you? Do I need to bring something?
- What if I already have an advisor or professional that is currently giving me advice, how can I work with you?
- How do YOU get paid? Is there a charge for the meetings?
- Do you work with a Financial Professional or CPA and do you have access to other resources to help me?
- If I am not happy with my legal advisor is there a way to transfer or move my business without having to contact him or her?
- How often do you meet with clients?
- What education or professional designations do you have?
- Who would benefit from a meeting with you? What type of business and personal estate planning scenarios do you work with?
- What is the most successful outcome you have produced for a client?
Jorge Villar is President of RME360, with more than 26 years of direct marketing experience, he is known in several industries for his ability to create mail packages that garner the highest response rates. He is responsible for the Seminar Success program that for the last 17 years has accounted for more than 65% of the events being held in the nation, with over 17 million individuals making reservations. Mr. Villar has also been very successful marketing to physicians and business owners regarding Succession Planning and Asset Protection. RME360’s marketing programs are presently being utilized by over 10,000 clients, including: top producing financial advisors, estate planning attorneys, large financial organizations, health care organizations, franchises, universities and many other industries. Mr. Villar is a frequent key note speaker at national financial symposium and marketing training conferences.
Academy Guest Blogger
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555
- New Seminar Invitation Helps You Brand and Grow Your Business - June 11, 2018
- Does It Matter Why Your Prospects Came to See You? - March 5, 2018
- The Powerful “What If” Factor in Marketing and How It Can Generate Sales - November 6, 2017