“Bueller? Bueller?” The sound of the teacher’s voice in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off as he takes attendance is all too familiar in the world of seminars. The droning voice lecturing at the front of the room while the eyes of those in the crowd are slowly glazing over at a seminar is reminiscent of that scene, and that is not how you want your event to be perceived. Instead, you want your event to be full of questions leading to conversations and more importantly prospects converting to clients. Use these tips to begin that conversion process:
- Have a thorough understanding of the material you’ll be presenting. You’re the expert in the room; know the research to support the information you present.
- Use PowerPoint judiciously. Every idea that you discuss does not need to appear on a slide. Use the program as a visual aid, not to restate each point.
- Deliver your presentation with enthusiasm. Entice your audience with your passion for your products and solutions. Engage with them during the presentation by asking them questions about their concerns and needs.
- Be confident. Have fun!
Jorge Villar is President of RME360, with more than 26 years of direct marketing experience, he is known in several industries for his ability to create mail packages that garner the highest response rates. He is responsible for the Seminar Success program that for the last 17 years has accounted for more than 65% of the events being held in the nation, with over 17 million individuals making reservations. Mr. Villar has also been very successful marketing to physicians and business owners regarding Succession Planning and Asset Protection. RME360’s marketing programs are presently being utilized by over 10,000 clients, including: top producing financial advisors, estate planning attorneys, large financial organizations, health care organizations, franchises, universities and many other industries. Mr. Villar is a frequent key note speaker at national financial symposium and marketing training conferences.
Academy Guest Blogger
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555
Latest posts by Jorge Villar (see all)
- New Seminar Invitation Helps You Brand and Grow Your Business - June 11, 2018
- Does It Matter Why Your Prospects Came to See You? - March 5, 2018
- The Powerful “What If” Factor in Marketing and How It Can Generate Sales - November 6, 2017