The holidays are usually a time to overindulge in a little turkey and mashed potatoes, or snack on home-baked goods and candies that make their way into the office every.single.year. It’s also a time to pick out that perfect gift for a loved one and most importantly, it’s a time to connect and reconnect with family and friends.
The holiday season is also a great opportunity to connect and reconnect with clients, their friends and family and professionals whom you network with or want to network with. One of the best ways to accomplish this is to host an open house at your firm with a holiday twist. And, it’s a nice time to let your clients know you are thankful for them and their business as well!
Here are some tips to host a top notch event this holiday season:
- Serve hot chocolate, gingerbread cookies or egg nog (don’t forget to offer sugar-free options as well)
- Add decoration flare with candy canes at every seat and center pieces can easily be created by filling clear glass vases with holiday items and sparkly pinecones. Pinterest is also full of great ideas
- Staff can dress up in holiday attire
- Raffle off a holiday ham or turkey
- Play holiday music softly in the background
- Have a nice flower arrangement(s) in the office – poinsettias are perfect for the season
- Bring in a TV or computer and have a holiday movie playing to get people in the spirit. Movie classics like It’s a Wonderful Life or Miracle on 34th Street are great choices for the occasion.
- Encourage guests to bring something inexpensive: Food donation to a charity, a small gift for a family in need, or a holiday recipe to share
- Give out gifts – mugs, coasters or wine glasses with your logo on it. Extras can be given out to new clients or referral sources who refer business to you as a token of your appreciation. Or, make a donation based on everyone’s attendance.
- Take photos of guests. You might even consider having holiday props – a Santa hat or a boa. This will make a perfect thank-you card at a later date!
- Be sure to share news and photos about your open house across all of your social media websites, including your own law firm website
So, in between holiday shopping, cooking turkey, nibbling on sugar cookies and booking travel arrangements, consider hosting a feel good open house to connect with clients and professionals and make the most out of this holiday season.
P.S. If you’re a Member, reach out to your PBC for a full list of tips related to promotion, setup, giveaways and activities to make your open house an event to remember
Practice Building Consultant
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555
Latest posts by AMS Help (see all)
- Networking with Niches: It’s All About Who You Know and Who You Want to Know - June 17, 2016
- Location, Location, Location! Choosing the Best Location for Your New Office - February 19, 2016
- 11 Apps We’re Thankful For - November 20, 2015