Even if you’re not a wine connoisseur, you can understand how great it is to turn a lead from your website or social media site into a client. Chances are you receive web leads often, but are you truly capitalizing on their potential?
Here at the Academy, we recognize the importance of a powerful website. Equipping yourself with a high-functioning website can help you take immediate action. By following up with a web lead, you have the opportunity to turn a luke-warm prospective client into an actual client (just like water to wine). Easy peasy, right?
Before we talk about the kinds of potential leads that come in and how you should take action, we want to note that every lead you track from your website, regardless of what your visitors request, should receive a timely response and an invitation to your next seminar sweep or consultation.
Now let’s get to the important stuff – how do you nurture these potential leads so you are turning a prospect into your new client?
• They Ask a Question: Determine who answers these questions and have a system in place that entails the response process, including reaction time and email procedures.
• Appointment Request: Contact the prospect to qualify and schedule a consultation.
• Newsletter or Article Request: Have an auto-response system that will grant them access to your online newsletter or Estate Planning News archive.
• Seminar Reservation: Add the registrant to your list of seminar attendees and call them to confirm their reservation by the next business day and collect any missing information.
• Special Report Requests: Have an auto-response system that will grant them access to the Special Report they requested and the entire Report Library. We recommend sending them the report they requested by mail with a cover letter offering a free consultation.
As you are nurturing web leads, always remember to add the person’s contact information to your contact management database. Be sure to include these new contacts in upcoming marketing campaigns including mass emails, postcards and letters. This is just one of the many prongs of creating a successful, integrated marketing campaign.
The time to take action and cash in on these valuable “water to wine” tips and begin turning your web leads into clients is NOW. If you have any questions along the way, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Katie Rios, Kelly Murphy and Jessica Kaplin
Practice Building Consultants
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555