One of the most challenging aspects of SEO and content marketing is the fact that it’s always evolving. New tools and platforms are introduced on a daily basis, often making it difficult to determine where to focus your resources. Slideshare is one platform that should you definitely consider adding to your content marketing strategy.
What is Slideshare?
Slideshare is a media platform where users can upload and share presentations. Although it’s often referred to as “YouTube for PowerPoint,” other formats, including documents, PDFs, videos and Webinars, can also be uploaded.
Advantages of Using Slideshare
- Suitable for all businesses – The variety of topics found on Slideshare is practically limitless, making it an appropriate platform for a wide range of businesses and brands looking to market to the huge community.
- Engaged viewers – Slideshare is currently one of the top 150 sites on the web, drawing 50 million unique visitors each month. These visitors are highly engaged, spending an average of 8 minutes on site per visit and viewing 20 slides, according to SlideShare.
- Target market – The typical SlideShare are well-educated and affluent:
– 69% at least a college degree
– 19% graduate school degree
– 37% have $100k+ in household income
- Easily shared – Presentations can be quickly embedded on websites and social media platforms by simply clicking on “embed” at the top of the presentation, then copying and pasting the code on your site. Just share your SlideShare link over Twitter, and anyone who opens your tweet will find the embedded presentation. Facebook and LinkedIn both have apps to make uploading presentations even easier. SlideShare even tracks how many views it’s received through your social media platforms.
- Lead generating – With a Pro account, you can add pop-up lead forms into your presentation, allowing you to build your email list or promote other calls to action.
Slideshare Best Practices
Customize your Slideshare channel
Brand your channel, just as you would your YouTube channel, by adding your logo, contact information, website link and a brief keyword-rich description. You can also include links to your other social media accounts.
Keep your presentations short
You want to be sure that viewers get through the full presentation. If you have too many slides, viewers may abandon the presentation before they reach your call to action. The specific length will depend on your topic, but aim for 8 – 15 slides.
Create an Interesting Presentation
Powerpoint is a visual medium, so avoid slides that are too text-heavy. Use attention-grabbing images in order to grab and hold your viewers’ attention. Your title slide should be especially eye-catching, inspiring viewers to open the presentation.
Use keyword-rich descriptions and tags
Be sure to include the appropriate keywords when selecting a title for your presentation and writing a description and tags so that your content is more easily found.
Include a Call-to-Action
Even if you’re not using a lead form, you can still include a call to action that motivates the viewer to visit your website or phone you for additional information.
Have you begun using Slideshare yet? If so, how are your presentations performing? One of our members’ presentations recently made it onto Slideshare’s homepage and the number of views jumped significantly!
SEO and Social Media Manager
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555
Latest posts by Rita Chaires (see all)
- Farewell Google+ - February 21, 2019
- Local Search Rankings and Your Law Firm - January 10, 2019
- Engaging Law Firm Prospects with Live Chat on Your Website - November 15, 2018