We are pulling together THE ACADEMY’S GREATEST HITS—1993 through 2013. There are eight courses that we’ll be offering to non-Members at no charge during our 20th year, (Members feel free to sign up and review!).
Each week we’ll give you the summary of ONE course. You can begin the course any time you want. Once you register for the series of sessions, the courses will be delivered to you one at a time over an 8-week period.
Looking back over the past 20 years that the Academy has virtually invented the services, coaching, marketing, legal education and legal documents estate planning attorneys deserve to build their practices with has been fun and exciting. We’re honored to make these sessions available in an effort to celebrate our two decades of support with attorneys in every state!
CLICK HERE to Register for Our Free 8 Week Course, “The Academy’s Greatest Hits”
YOU ONLY NEED TO REGISTER ONCE (If you previously registered for this course, you were already added to the class schedule. No need to register again.)
Session 1: Presented by the Academy’s first keynote speaker, Michael E. Gerber, author of The E-Myth, Why Most Small Businesses Fail and What to Do About It
Session 2: Top 10 Estate Planning Legal Questions (and Answers) from Attorneys Nationwide, Steve Hartnett, Academy Associate Director of Education
Session 3: Mastering 1st Consultations – Controlling the Economy in Your Conference Room, Sanford M. Fisch, Academy CEO
Session 4: Required Technology For Law Firms Today, Rita Chaires, Academy SEO and Social Media Manager
Session 5: Integrated Law Firm Marketing, Presented by Academy Co-Founder and President, Robert Armstrong
Session 6: How Genuine Rapport Generates Referrals Speaker: Jennifer Price, Academy Chief Operating Officer
Session 7: Asset Protection: Staying Out of Trouble! Presented by Nationally Known Guest Speaker, Gideon Rothschild, Moses & Singer LLP
This 90-Minute audio recorded session features nationally known attorney, Gideon Rothschild. The Academy has been honored to have Gideon address the substantive concerns attorneys need to address with clients on multiple occasions.
During this Advanced Estate Planning session you will learn:
- How A/B trusts are still valuable for asset protection (notwithstanding the availability of portability because it is neither an uncompensated transfer (for Medicaid) nor a fraudulent transfer, whereas a disclaimer could be both and for state estate tax reasons)
- How State exemptions in bankruptcy should be taken advantage of and what they are (including a discussion of which states exempt IRAs)
- How to avoid liability and ethics issues when doing asset protection planning
- A briefer discussion about self-settled domestic asset protection trusts (primarily for Members in DAPT jurisdictions)
- Other asset protection topics of interest to attorneys with a clientele of a more moderate wealth
GIDEON ROTHSCHILD is a partner with the New York City law firm of MOSES & SINGER LLP, where he co-chairs the Trusts & Estates and Wealth Preservation Group. He focuses his practice in the areas of domestic and international estate planning techniques for high net worth clients and is a nationally recognized authority on wealth preservation and foreign trusts. Mr. Rothschild is the Vice-chair of the Real Property Trust & Estate Law Section of the American Bar Association, a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and Academician of The International Academy of Trust and Estate Lawyers. He is a member of the Advisory Boards of BNA’s Tax Management and Trusts and Estates, the Immediate Past Chair of the New York Chapter of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), and a member of the New York State Bar Association.
Stay tuned, our final session will be featured soon! We hope you enjoy the series and share the registration link with the attorneys you feel would get the most out of this instruction.
Chief Operating Officer
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555
- Getting Back to the Basics - October 26, 2023
- What’s Your Money Story? A Reflection for Estate Planning Law Firm Owners - August 24, 2023
- Estate Planning for Pets - June 22, 2023