Search engine optimization (SEO) isn’t just a valuable investment for your firm’s website. You can increase web traffic by optimizing your social media accounts as well.
Implementing a few of the following simple SEO techniques on your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube accounts can have a big impact on your rankings and traffic:
- Use a professional profile image
- Use a keyword to name your profile image (estateplanningattorney.jpg, for example)
- Select a relevant username, preferably the same one for all social media profiles
- Fill out as much information on your profile as possible
- Use relevant keywords in the “About” and “Info” sections of Facebook and Google+, as well as in your Twitter bio
- Include links to your website, blog, and/or other social media accounts
- Include your social media account information on your website
- Use keywords and hashtags in your tweets and status updates
- Consistently update your pages with relevant content
Google and Bing both confirm that Twitter and Facebook influence SEO, as do Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and other social media platforms. Social media profiles are now finding their way into the top search results. In addition to trying to outrank the websites of your competitors, you’re now also trying to outrank their social media profiles. Optimized social media accounts are yet another opportunity to expand your online presence.
SEO and Social Media Manager
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555
- 6 Content Marketing Myths Debunked - November 4, 2021
- Law Firm Marketing on LinkedIn - October 7, 2021
- Stop Googling Yourself and Start Accurately Measuring Your Online Marketing Success - September 2, 2021