As of December 2011, more than 100 million Americans were watching online video content on an average day, representing a 43-percent increase versus the year before. With this recent explosion of online video viewing, smart business owners are considering what the trend means for their own marketing strategies.
- More Americans watching videos = larger target audiences
In the past, online videos were primarily viewed by young, tech-savvy audiences, but that is no longer the case. Recent research conducted by the Pew Internet & American Life Project Educational found that seven in ten adult internet users (69%) have used the internet to watch or download video. That represents 52% of all adults in the United States. This audience presents more opportunities than ever for companies to reach their desired prospective customers.
- The average length of each video has increased from 5.0 minutes to 5.8 minutes per video
With online video attention spans increasing, there’s greater opportunity to capture more of the public’s attention with valuable information. Delivery of in-depth information and informative “sales pitches” via video are now a viable option.
The number of videos viewed is expected to continue increasing, with more and more high-quality, original content syndicated across multiple platforms. How can you take advantage of the phenomena?
- Create short videos answering the questions most frequently posed by your clients
- Film a short video invitation to your next seminar
- Capture testimonials from happy clients on video – don’t forget to obtain a photo release!
- Record short “Meet the Staff” video blogs so prospects can become familiar with your practice
- Once recorded, these videos can be uploaded to your YouTube channel, blog, and various other video marketing outlets.
Video marketing doesn’t have to be complicated. With some simple equipment, the right lighting and some great content ideas, you too can jump on the video marketing bandwagon – and introduce your audience to an ever-widening audience.
SEO and Social Media Manager
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555