It was truly a transformational first day for Academy Members attending the Medicaid Training Workshop yesterday, presented by David J. Zumpano, JD, CPA, founder of Medicaid Practice Systems (MPS, LLC). This information-packed program provides an in-depth review of the federal Medicaid rules and principles and how they can be applied in local communities to provide some true asset protection for clients who are interested in preserving their estate from long-term care and nursing home expenses.
The very real possibility of helping clients literally save hundreds of thousands of dollars in long-term care expenses with these strategies was a real eye-opening experience. At the end of the first day many attendees commented on how the training program made them “better lawyers.” They felt better equipped to address more of their client needs and were excited to return home and start implementing what they learned right away.
The learning objectives for the training program include:
- The Different Ways to Pay for Long Term Care
- Medicaid Laws, Rules, Exceptions, Exemptions, Special Planning & Spend Down Methods
- How to Distinguish Preplanning from Crisis Planning & How to Serve Both!
- Trust Compliance Requirements
- How to Properly Fund a Medicaid Plan
- How to Qualify a Client to Receive Medicaid Benefits
- How to Systematically Implement Medicaid into Your Existing Practice
The Medicaid planning topic and training program are so popular that the first training was full within minutes of its announcement at the Academy’s Spring Summit last month in Williamsburg, VA. A second training program is currently being scheduled and is already 75% full. If you’re interested in learning more about the next Medicaid Training Workshop, and how you can be a guest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Practice Building Consultant
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555