Epsilon Targeting, the leading provider of consumer information for targeted marketing solutions, recently released the 2011 Channel Preference Study, which shows that through economic turmoil, technology advances and channel proliferation, direct mail continues to deliver as consumers’ preferred means of receiving marketing messages.
The 2011 research shows that despite direct mail’s reputation for being “old school” or expensive, it is the top choice of U.S. consumers for the receipt of brand communications in almost every category, ranging from health to household products, to household services, insurance and financial services, including credit card offers. The preference for direct mail also extends to the 18-34 year old demographic.
Key findings from the study include:
- 36% of U.S. consumers said direct mail is the preferred channel to receive financial services information
- 26% of U.S. consumers said direct mail is more trustworthy than email
- 50% of U.S. consumers said they pay more attention to postal mail than email
- 60% of U.S. consumers said they enjoy checking the mailbox for postal mail, highlighting an emotional connection
In-depth information from the study is provided in a report titled, The Formula for Success: Preference and Trust.
Jorge Villar is President of Response Mail Express (RME), with more than 26 years of direct marketing experience, he is known in several industries for his ability to create mail packages that garner the highest response rates. He is responsible for the Seminar Success program that, for the last 17 years has accounted for more than 65% of the events being held in the nation with over 14 million individuals making reservations. Mr. Villar has also been very successful marketing to physicians and business owners regarding Success Planning and Asset Protection. Response Mail Express, and parent company DME, is a $100+ million marketing powerhouse, housing over 600 employees in their 2 state-of-the-art facilities in Florida. Their marketing ideas are presently being utilized by over 10,000 clients, including: top producing advisors, estate planning attorneys, large financial organizations, health care organizations, universities and many other industries. Mr. Villar is a frequent key note speaker at national financial symposium and training conferences.
Academy Guest Blogger
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555
- Frequency, Content, Creativity, Your Value Proposition and You - June 25, 2020
- New Seminar Invitation Helps You Brand and Grow Your Business - June 11, 2018
- Does It Matter Why Your Prospects Came to See You? - March 5, 2018