One Academy Member submitted a question about how to bump probate business up a notch. Some of our suggestions included the following:
Some Members get a lot of Probate business from Google searches. Take a look at your website rankings to make sure you are visible with probate keywords. If you use Google Ads, make sure they have probate rich keywords in them and that the ads link to a Probate related page offering a Probate report. We also suggest you take a look at testing Facebook ads, they are lower priced than Google ads and you can have the ads show up based on keywords people use on their wall or in their profile.
The other area to look at is your own client base:
- Create an email to feature a PROBATE NIGHTMARE AVOIDED story or a CLIENT CASE STUDY CLIFF NOTES (names have been removed to protect client confidentiality)
- Client mailings should offer to walk clients through “how to subscribe to our blog,” “how to like us on Facebook or explain how your kids can” and also “if you or your friends or family need our free Probate report — call this hotline!”
- Client seminars should have a featured 10 minutes for you to tell a sad story that has happy ending for a family you helped through probate – “this is how you recognize someone in your life who needs to call us and this is how we treat them”
Marketing for business from people you don’t know is critical, but without developing the story you tell and slowing down to drive a point home with all those you already know – it’s only going to represent a fleeting blip in activity.
Director, Member Services
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555
Latest posts by Jennifer Price (see all)
- Hire Slow, Fire Fast is Only One of the Secrets to Building A Great Team - February 7, 2019
- Take a Peek into Our Boot Camp to Success - January 17, 2019
- Take a Peek into our Boot Camp to Success - July 9, 2018