After coaching law firms for almost 20 years, we’ve discovered that most estate planning practices fail or don’t live up to the owner’s expectations because of the failure in these 7 critical areas:
- No unifying vision, purpose, or principles that motivate the firm beyond just making money
- Failure to effectively communicate the firm’s mission to the staff, vendors and clients
- Few consistent management systems that deliver reliable results
- Relying on specific employees, rather than viewing the firm as a collection of functions
- Failure to focus sufficient resources on filling a pipeline with qualified prospects from multiple marketing sources
- Inadequate capitalization and access to lines of credit
- Owners focusing on the technical, rather than the strategic work of running a business
There are, of course, many more important areas that deserve attention, but mastering the top 7 will almost guarantee that you dominate your market.
President & Co-Founder
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (800) 846-1555