ACADEMY SPRING SUMMIT 2010 RECAP, PART 2
At every Academy Summit we begin at 1PM on Thursday with our Member meeting and a keynote address, here is the recap for Thursday and Friday:
MAIN SUMMIT SESSIONS
Thursday Member Session: Our keynote speaker, Jaynie Smith, author of the phenomenal book, Creating Competitive Advantage, was outstanding. Her message and her style really got the wheels turning. It was clear from the participation, immediate comments and evaluations that this was a timely message reinforcing all that we have been doing and sharpening the focus on something we need to look at in each marketplace. “Why Us” is the question each firm needs to answer and there will be more guidance on this topic. Remember, run all your competitive advantages through the filter of “blah, blah, blah.”
Friday Member Sessions:
- Online Domination with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Social Media started the morning fast with a groundbreaking session. Robert presented the details of how members can and should dominate their markets online. He offered a step-by-step model for being seen everywhere on the web and owning the top spots on the search engines for every one of your niches. For those who want this important work done for them, the Academy offered a turnkey package that included law firm blogs, Social Media sites as well as multiple SEO strategies to get you on the top of Google. Members were very excited about these cutting edge strategies and the opportunity to immediately be in the fast lane to dominating their market online. Members were so excited to get started that they literally signed up during the presentation, some even emailed or texted from their seats!
- CE Course for Family Attorneys was a well received topic and experienced members had some great suggestions on improving the course offering. Those suggestions will be incorporated and this program will become another great marketing tool for this niche.
- The Financial Database Session was once again fantastic. This closed session was available to estate planning attorney who had submitted their 2009 financials for analysis. They enjoyed an unedited discussion about their own financials and also got to ask questions of a panel of members. Top owners compensation this year exceeded $1 Million.
- Insurance Option and Funeral Trusts: The success of funeral trusts is well established with over 50 firms offering this to clients. The best part is that clients are welcoming this topic and it helps them tremendously. Because of the positive experience with Bryan Adams, Premier Planning and NGL, we have instituted an additional service for those members who want to be Insurance Only licensed.
- Success Stories: Every event this session keeps getting more valuable due to the precision and tracking information required to present at the event. Go through the recordings and materials and find out what the buzz in the hallway was about! Details on Barry Zimmer’s successful Farmer and Rancher seminars, Mike Robinson’s Lunch & Learns paying off, Jeff Molever’s success with niche marketing for Cabin Trust seminars and John Kuhn’s newspaper advertising strategies include tips you won’t want to miss.
- The Social Event: What is more fun than a tour of Boston in an amphibious DUK from WW II and dinner at Durgin Park in the historic Faneuil Hall Marketplace! A fun night for all! Be sure and look through the photos we’ll be posting on our fan page and on the Members’ Only website.
What a great day! Next we’ll highlight the events of our Saturday in Boston so stay tuned…
ROBERT ARMSTRONG & SANFORD M. FISCH
- Google’s Keys to Building Effective Teams - June 6, 2016
- LegalZoom Files $10.5M Antitrust Suit Against North Carolina Bar, Cites SCOTUS Dental Case - July 24, 2015
- No Complaints Thursday - August 22, 2014