Getting Your Membership Started
- Contact us and receive an information package and free audio recording
with additional membership information available. This package includes information
about each department, the Academy software, Marketing tools, Continuing Education
Courses, the Financial Services support available and more!
with an Academy Membership Consultant about whether your geographic
area is available for membership. Advise this representative of the goals you have
for yourself and your practice and collect the names of several members who have
already gone through a transition similar to the one you face. Members are always
eager to share their experiences with those considering membership.
- Call the members suggested. Speak with at least 2-3 members about
the steps you're considering. You will find out about one of the most valuable benefits
of membership-the members themselves. This group of attorneys share concepts, successes,
failures and tips on the member listserv as well as by telephone. They are the key
ingredient to the high energy Academy Summit events held twice per year!
- Fill out the Application. Once the Membership Consultant and you have covered all of the due diligence items necessary for making a transition in your practice, the acceptance process on our end begins. The Academy has an approval process that includes credit and reference checks. This process generally takes a week to 10 days, so it is best to begin as soon as you feel fairly certain about going forward with membership.
- Make sure that you meet our Malpractice Insurance Requirement of $250,000 per incident, $500,000/per year. We recommend, however that you have insurance covered for $500,000 per incident, $1 million aggregate per year.
- Designing an Academy Territory. This is a matter of discussing
your existing business and your goals even further. Once the territory is structured,
picking a "start date" for the membership to kick off is the only remaining
- Review, Sign and Return the Agreement.
- Unpack your Starter Kit. Once the agreement is received and processed,
by the start date, the Starter Kit is shipped UPS 3rd Day. A phone appointment is
set so you can plan on unpacking these boxes with a Practice Building Consultant
on your speakerphone discussing the use and timing of your implementation on each
|CLICK ON THE MAP TO ENLARGE||
GREEN: Open Territory, plenty of room for members
If you have any questions regarding territories and/or membership please call Member Services at (800) 846-1555 or e-mail us.
*This territory map may not be accurate, please contact us directly to confirm availability.
- Click here to print out
a membership application.
- Fill out the application with the correct information.
- Fax it back to us at (858) 874-2560.