The Power of Blogging
February 15, 2013 Blog by: Jennifer Price, Chief Operating Officer, American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys+
Tagged with: Blogging • Estate Planning • Estate Planning Education • Jennifer Price • Keywords • law firm practice management • Law Firm Systems • Legal Education • legal marketing • Practice Building Strategy • Search • Topics
Congrats to Academy Associate Director of Education, Stephen Hartnett! Forbes just printed an article entitled, “More Estate Tax Changes Could Follow Fiscal Cliff Deal” and our very own Steve was quoted a couple of times in the article.
When Members asked why we didn’t alert them to the publicity (which helps with their credibility), the answer was simple. We had no way of knowing the Forbes research team would use Google to gather opinions about this recent tax law change—and when they did, they found Steve’s timely blog on the very subject which interested them. (http://www.aaepa.com/blog/2013/01/fiscal-cliff-averted/)
- We hope attorneys are able to read about law firm marketing, practice management, estate planning or elder law techniques and find the blogs valuable… and develop an interest in knowing more about what we offer attorneys excelling in estate planning.
- But also, we want to be ranked by Google. So we try to regularly (3 times per week) write blogs that contain keywords that our future readers and future members may be searching for online so we are constantly introduced to more attorneys we would like to get to know.
- And… what the heck, if journalists and writers around the country find us and quote us – there’s more publicity for Academy Members nationwide!
Just a reminder that if you’re blogging –
- BE VERY DISCIPLINED about the number of times per week you blog. Otherwise readers won’t get to know you; they certainly won’t be waiting for the next blog you have coming out.
- RELEVANT TOPICS. You won’t please everyone each time with interesting topics, but do try to provide information for which you want to become known.
- USE KEYWORDS. Make sure if your audience tends to search “Madison Estate Planning Attorney” you include those words in your blog, if your desired audience is likely to search, “Pennsylvania Probate,” make sure you have articles on that topic and you also find ways to mention the very words you expect prospective clients to use in search engines.
Chief Operating Officer
American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc.
9444 Balboa Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, California 92123
Phone: (858) 453-2128
Tags: Blogging, Estate Planning, Estate Planning Education, Jennifer Price, Keywords, law firm practice management, Law Firm Systems, Legal Education, legal marketing, Practice Building Strategy, Search, Topics